2019 Call for Entries — Wildfowl Carving Magazine’s Second Annual Online Competition
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES. CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR CARVING!
Calling all wildfowl carvers! We invite you to enter your best carving completed in 2017 through 2019 in Wildfowl Carving Magazine’s second annual online competition. You can enter in two categories (landbirds and waterbirds) and at two levels (beginner and advanced). You can start entering on May 1, 2019 with a final deadline of July 1. Winners will be announced on July 22. Entries are impartially and anonymously evaluated by a panel of four qualified judges from wildfowl carving community. Carvings will be judged on carving, painting, and composition. Each carving will be judged on a numerical scale on its own merit, independent of all other entries. Winners will win cash prizes and be featured in Competition 2019, published in January 2020.
Competition is our annual showcase of the best carvings from judged competitions in the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain. It highlights the artistry, fine craftsmanship, and astonishing diversity of wildfowl carvings produced in the past year.
1st place - $400
2nd place - $200
3rd place - $100
1st place - $150
2nd place - $100
3rd place - $50
Beginner carvers are those who have never entered or won a wildfowl carving competition, or have competed only at a novice or beginner level.
Advanced carvers are those who have ever won a ribbon (first, second third, or honorable mention) or competed in a wildfowl carving competition at the intermediate level or higher.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION: 6 PHOTOS
Remember, the quality of your carving can be seen by the judges—and reproduced accurately in Competition—only if you provide high-quality images of your work. Once your carving is completed, it deserves to be presented as well as possible. Please follow these guidelines carefully.
- Each image must be at least 2400 x 3000 pixels in dimension and at least 4 MBs (megabytes) in terms of file size.
- Two images must be the profile views of the carving or decorative sculpture.
- One view must be the front of the carving or sculpture. (The carver can determine what constitutes the “front” of his or her decorative sculpture.)
- One image must be the top of the carving (for decoys), and the carver’s choice for decorative sculptures.
- Two images must be close-ups of two different details. (No names or initials should be visible in the close-up shots.)
HOW TO ENTER
To enter your carving, follow these simple rules:
- Limit of one (1) entry per person. You must create a Wildfowl Carving Magazine account in order to submit your entry.
- Please note: If you are submitting a carving on someone else's behalf, you'll need to create a separate account at www.wildfowl-carving.com.
- The carving must have been completed in 2017, 2018, or 2019, regardless of when you started it. You may enter a carving that has been entered in other competitions.
- Each carver will be asked to pay a $35 entry fee.
- Submission of an entry serves as a release that Wildfowl Carving Magazine and its publisher may publish photographs of the carving in the future, with proper credit given to the artist. This may include promotional materials, online or in print, including the Competition book, in WCM, on WCM products and WCM social media and eNewsletters.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com when your entry has been received and reviewed.
- Click here to visit the entry page.
Note: Some carvings may not fall neatly into one category. Use your judgement to select the category that best represents your work. Judges will be permitted to reassign carvings to the correct category where appropriate.
Landbirds include raptors, owls, songbirds, and gamebirds.
Waterbirds include ducks and geese (decoys and decoratives), shorebirds, and waders.